- To raise awareness about the effects of artificial lighting on human health and wellbeing.
- To stimulate discussion and investigation into the effects of artificial lighting on human health and wellbeing.
- The promotion of equality and diversity through encouraging provision of access to civic life for those excluded by sensitivity to artificial lighting.
LightAware Advisory Panel
The members of the LightAware Advisory Panel are all experts in their professional field who support the charity with expert advice and guidance, ensuring that our website and our campaigns are grounded in the best possible information.
- Amardeep M. Dugar, IALD, IES, SLL, Lighting Researcher and Designer, India
- Beatrice Jordan, MCOptom Dip Tp (IP), Optometrist, Ayr
- Ian Jordan, FBDO CL, Specialist Optician, Ayr
- Stephen Leach, Emeritus Professor, De Montfort University, Local Government Consultant
- Simon Nicholas, BSc. MSc. CEng MIMechE, Outdoor Lighting Quality Campaigner and Consultant, Manchester
- Alison Ritter, Head of Educational Concepts and Programmes at VIA-Verlag, Germany
- Kevan Shaw, C.Eng MILP, Kevan Shaw Lighting Design (KSLD), Edinburgh
LightAware ambassadors promote the charity where they live and act as a local point of contact for general and press enquiries. LightAware has ambassadors in the following locations:
- Lancaster, England
- London, England
- Newcastle, England
- Oxford, England
- Co Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Canberra, Australia
And for the following conditions:
- Migraine and Mears-Irlen Syndrome
- Light sensitive Lupus
If you would like to be put in contact with one of the LightAware ambassadors please contact email@example.com
United Kingdom EH49 7AY