On 19th September LightAware Trustee John Lincoln attended the Dark Room Workshop on ‘Human Centric Lighting’. Speakers at the workshop were:
- Dr. Karolina M. Zielinska-Dabkowska RIBA, IALD, IES, MSLL, discussion leader
- Mark Ridler (Director of Lighting at BDP)
- Rebecca Weir (Creative Director at Light IQ)
- Stephen Lisk (Lighting Designer and current President of CIBSE)
- Iain Carlile (Lighting Designer and current President of the SLL).
The discussion ranged from the value of ‘human-centric’ and ‘circadian’ lighting to the effect of blue light at night on anticancer cells and DNA repair. The need for more research on lighting was also discussed. LightAware were able to contribute fully to this important discussion and bring up our concerns regarding lighting and health.